For best results when conducting online therapy:
- Make sure that your Internet connection is robust. And, make sure that your client’s Internet connection is fast.
- Use headphones for best sound quality.
- Use headphones if your clients complain that they hear themselves or hear an echo.
- If there is any background noise (traffic sounds, household noises), headphones will help keep your call more professional.
- If you use the TherapyEverywhere video chat:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Flash Player (if you don’t, you will be prompted to do so!)
- Close Skype or any other program that may be using your webcam.
- If you choose to conduct the session via Skype, Facetime, Google or any other tool:
- Close any other program that may be using your webcam.
- Keep eye contact with your client by positioning your camera (or yourself) so that you are looking directly at the camera.
- Consider what else the camera is capturing in the background. Test your camera first and make sure that the background is professional and clean.
We’re looking forward to helping you grow your practice through secure, online video appointments. Find out more about scheduling and prepayment for online counseling sessions.If this was helpful to you and your practice, share it!