Often, you will want to add a PDF to your site, and link to the PDF from a post. Examples may include forms that you want to provide to clients, readings that you want clients to do, or infographics that help explain an idea that you want to get across.
Get a PDF file into the Media Library
The first step is to get your PDF file uploaded to the Media Library.
- Go to the Dashboard. Click Media > Library > Add New.
- To add a PDF file, just drag and drop your files into the box that appears. (If you prefer, click Select Files to choose a file from your computer to upload.)
Link to a PDF file in the Media Library
Once the PDF file that you want to link to is already uploaded to the Media Library, you can link to the PDF file from any post or page in your site.
- Navigate to the post or page where you want to include the link. Click Edit Post or Edit Page.
- Position the cursor where you want to insert the link and click Add Media.
- In the Media Library, select the PDF file that you want to link to.
- Select Media File from the Attachment Display Settings drop down menu.
- Click Insert Into Post. Congratulations! You now have a working link.
Edit a link to a PDF file
You can edit a link to a PDF file just like you would edit any link.
- Position the cursor on the link.
- Click on the paperclip icon in the toolbar. You can control the text in the link, and you can determine if the PDF file will open in new window.