When clients prefer to speak to the therapist from the comfort of their own home, office or other remote location, online therapy makes sense. Online therapy requires that you and your client have an internet connection on a computer, tablet or smartphone.
To get started today offering online therapy to your clients, click here to contact TherapyEverywhere.
Online therapy facilitates getting help in a confidential and convenient manner, especially when:
- Do not have the time to get to and from a therapist’s office
- Are located too far for face to face visits with the therapist
- Are unable or unwilling to visit the therapist’s office for any reason
- Need to schedule therapy at a time when face to face appointments are not feasible
- Find is difficult to get to the therapist’s office because of any constraint
Online therapy is not suited to address all psychological concerns, and should not be used as a form of crisis intervention. Online therapy is not is not appropriate for people with thoughts of suicide or homicide. Help is available at the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or call 911 for emergency local assistance.