The best branded email solution for therapists is to use HIPAA compliant email with G Suite. However, if you do want to use Gmail , here are the instructions.
First, log in to your Gmail account (such as, firstname.lastname@example.org). Then:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- Open the Accounts and Import tab. (For Google Apps domains, open the Accounts tab.)
- In the Check mail using POP3 section, click Add POP3 email account.
- Enter the full email address of the account you’d like to access (such as,email@example.com), then click Next Step.
- Enter all the details for your account.
- For user name, enter the full email address (such as,firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When prompted, enter the password for your branded email account. (The password will be provided to you by TherapyEverywhere.)
- Unselect “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server“
- POP Server: enter the POP Server provided by your account manager at Therapy Everywhere
- Port: enter the port provided by your account manager at Therapy Everywhere
- Select Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
- If you need to specify an Outgoing Server, specify
Server: enter the name of the outgoing provided by your account manager at Therapy Everywhere
Port: enter the port provided by your account manager at Therapy Everywher
- Click Add Account.
- Once your account has been added successfully, you’ll have the option of setting it as a custom From address. This allows you to compose messages in Gmail, but have them appear to be sent from your other email account. Click Yes to set up a custom From address.